The Contributor signs a contract directly with SkillS4i, regardless of whether the payments due to the Contributor are made by another subsidiary company of SkillS4i.
1. Requirements to become a Contributor who publishes contents
In order to become a Contributor who publishes courses and to provide a guarantee of quality standards on contents, the Contributor must comply with one of the following 3 requirements:
- have more than 15 years of experience in the subject;
- hold a Master’s Degree and more than 10 years of experience in the subject;
- hold a PhD and more than 5 years of experience in the subject.
If you do not meet the following requirements, SkillS4i will still be able to take the Contributor request into consideration and assess its suitability on a case by case basis.
SkillS4i reserves the right to request the necessary evidence from the Instructor to verify the truthfulness of the declared requirements.
2. Obligation of the Contributor
The Contributor is responsible for all the content he publishes, including lessons, quizzes, exercises, practical tests, tasks, resources, responses, course page content, announcements and downloadable contents (“Content provided”).
The Collaborator declares and guarantees that:
- will provide and update account information;
- the Content provided does not violate or misuse the Intellectual Property rights of third parties;
- has the necessary qualifications, credentials and competence (including training, knowledge and skills) for the services through the Content provided and the use of the Services and
- will respond promptly to students and will guarantee a quality of service that corresponds to industry standards and training services in general.
Instructor guarantees that:
- will not publish or provide information or content that is inappropriate, offensive, racist, derogatory, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, prohibited, defamatory or libelous;
- will not publish or transmit advertising, promotional material, junk mail, unsolicited mail or any other content (commercial or otherwise) that is not requested or authorized by the Services or to any user;
- will participate in activities that would entail for SkillS4i the need to obtain licenses or pay royalties to third parties, including the payment of royalties for the public representation of musical works or sound recordings;
- will frame or incorporate the Services (in order to incorporate a free version of a course) or use other methods to circumvent the terms of the Services;
- impersonate another person or make unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with the services or courses of other instructors or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses;
- will misuse SkillS4i resources, including support services.
3. Grant of license to SkillS4i
Unless otherwise agreed, the Contributor has the right to remove all or any part of the provided Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, SkillS4i’s right to sublicense new users to the rights in this section will cease 60 days after the removal of the provided Content. However, (1) the rights granted to Users prior to the removal of the provided Content will remain valid in accordance with the terms of such licenses (including any unrestricted access) and (2) SkillS4i’s right to use such Content provided for marketing purposes will survive the cessation.
SkillS4i can register all or part of the Content provided for quality control and supply, marketing, promotion, demonstration or management purposes. The Contributor grants SkillS4i permission to use his name, his likeness, his image or his voice in relation to the offer, supply, marketing, promotion, demonstration and sale of Services, Courses, Content provided or contents of SkillS4i, and the Contributor renounces all rights related to privacy, publicity, or any other similar right to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
4. Trust and security
4.1 Trust and security policies
SkillS4i reserves the right to remove courses, suspend payments and / or exclude Contributors for any reason and at any time, without notice, including in cases where:
- a course or a downloadable content falls below SkillS4i quality standards or negatively affects the User experience;
- a Contributor adopts a behavior that could negatively reflect on SkillS4i or that could be a reason for discrediting or public contempt, scandal or ridicule for SkillS4i;
- a Contributor uses the services of a marketing manager or other business partner who violates the policies of SkillS4i or
- as established by Skills4i at its sole discretion.
4.2 Relations with other users
The Contributors do not have a direct contractual relationship with the Users, therefore the only information that the Contributor will receive regarding the Users are those provided through the Services. The Contributor agrees not to use the data received for any purpose other than the provision of services to the Users of the SkillS4i platform and not to request additional personal data or to store personal data of apprentices outside the SkillS4i platform. Contributor agrees to indemnify SkillS4i from any claim arising from its use of User’s personal data.
5.1 Price settings
When a course is created, the User will be asked to select a base price (“Base price“) for the course. Alternatively, the Contributor can choose to offer the course for free.
The Contributor can promote his courses at will, deciding accordingly the final price to be taken at any time.
5.2 Taxes on transactions
If a Contributor purchases a product or service in a country that requires SkillS4i to pay national, state or local taxes or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes (“Taxes on the transaction”) pursuant to the applicable law, SkillS4i will collect the taxes on the transaction and pay them to the competent tax authorities for such sales. SkillS4i may, at its discretion, increase the Sales Price if it determines that the transaction is subject to such taxes.
Contributors are offered the opportunity to increase sales by promoting their courses through discounts.
Contributors have full autonomy on the management of discounts, except for the condition that they must be limited in time up to a maximum of 30 days.
The discount can be introduced in 2 ways:
- applying it directly to the product;
- requesting SkillS4i the generation of a coupon. It is not allowed to distribute free coupons on third party websites or offer them in exchange for a fee, after canceling the account and resulting legal action.
7.1 Subscription fee
In order to be able to use the SkillS4i platform, the Contributor will have to pay an annual fee. This fee includes:
- the Siteground Hosting Service;
- the use of paid plug-ins such as Learndash, WPML and Multiple Instructor;
- Support due to site malfunctions, but not due to the use of the WordPress platform or Plug-ins;
7.2 Insertion of the contents in the Platform
In order to maintain a high standard of the courses, each Contributor is recommended to follow the guidelines provided by SkillS4i. For the details of the guidelines, see the document “Content Creation Form“.
The Contributor has access to the WordPress + Learndash platform made available by SkillS4i and can use his own discretion. Only the site administrator will have access to the contents of the Contributor. Contributors have no access to the content of other Contributors.
If the Contributor requires support for using the WordPress Platform or the Learndash Plug-in, he can request the optional support service. For details, see the document “Become a Contributor – Cost Table“.
If the Contributors are not available to insert the contents on the platform on their own, it is possible to request this Service. The Contributor must use the “Course creation form“.
If you want to implement a multilingual course, a professional translation service is also available. Since in this case SkillS4i relies on third-party translation services, a quote can be provided once the course has been published in the original language.
7.3 Turnover share
When a User buys a course, SkillS4i calculates the gross amount of the sale as an amount that he actually received from the User (“Gross Amount“). From this amount, calculate the net sales amount (“Net Amount“) by deducting the Taxes on the transaction. For details of the portion relating to turnover, see the document “Costs for Courses Creation”
SkillS4i makes all Contributors payments in Euro (EUR). SkillS4i will pay transaction processing fees, with the exception of foreign currency conversion fees and wire transfer fees. The sales price (in local currency) and the amount of the converted turnover (in EUR) will be indicated in the turnover report.
7.4 Receipt of payments
In order for SkillS4i to make payments to the Contributors in a timely manner, the Contributor must have a VAT number, a PayPal or AmazonPay account in good standing and must notify SkillS4i of any changes to the e-mail address associated with his account.
Payment will be made within the first week of the following month in which SkillS4i receives commissions for a course.
SkillS4i reserves the right not to pay the payment in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights or other violations of the law.
If a User requests a refund after the payment made by SkillS4i in favor of the relevant Contributor, SkillS4i reserves the right to (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the Contributor or (2) where no further payment is due payments or payments are insufficient to cover the amounts reimbursed, ask the Contributor to return the amounts reimbursed to the Users for the Contributor’s courses.
8. Account cancellation
Contributors may decide to delete his account at any time. SkillS4i will make every reasonable commercial effort to make the remaining scheduled payments due to the Contributor before deleting his account. The Contributor agrees that if the Users have previously registered for his courses, the name of the Contributor and the contents provided will remain accessible to these Users after the account has been deleted.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and the Teacher agrees and accepts that, in the event of conflicts, the English version will prevail over all other versions.
10. Relations between the parties
The parties agree not to be bound by any joint venture, collaboration, employment, supply or agency relationship.
Last Issue: 23 January 2020